Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see what you are looking for below? Contact us! We are here to help!
No hassle returns
We stand behind each and every one of our products. All of our products come with a 30-day at home trial period to ensure that the rug you purchased is right for you. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We will work with you to either exchange it for a product that better fits your needs, or refund the purchase price. To return an item you will need a return authorization (RA) number. To receive your return authorization number, please contact us right away. All returns must be made within the 30-day trial period. After 30 days, all sales are final. No returns will be accepted without a return authorization.
Unfortunately, the following are not returnable:
- Custom rugs
- Cut runners
- Oversize rugs (larger than 8' x 11' )
- Rug pads that have been opened
- Purchased samples
- Clearance priced rugs
By placing an order with us, you agree to the terms and conditions of Roth Rugs.
- Contact us immediately for a Return Authorization (RA).
- Wrap the rug securely in the original packaging or equal. Use plenty of packing tape to secure the wrapping.
- Do not fold, staple or tape any surfaces of the item or rug.
- The returned item must be in new condition. If it is soiled or damaged, it may be refused or incur a restocking fee up to 30%.
- No returns will be accepted without a Return Authorization (RA). Returns that are received without an RA or are shipped to the wrong address will incur freight costs and up to a 30% service fee.
- Any ordered item that is "refused" instead of following the correct return procedure will incur up to a 30% service fee deducted from the issued credit.
- No returns will be accepted after the 30-day trial period has expired.
- Return shipping cost is your responsibility unless you receive authorization from Roth Rugs.
- Insure your return package at the purchase price.
- You are responsible for lost or damaged returned rugs, and you are responsible to file claims with the carrier for lost or damaged rugs.
Every Roth Rugs purchase ships free to your home or office within the 48 contiguous United States.
Contact us for shipping quotes for rugs that do not qualify for free shipping or for shipping destinations outside of our designated shipping areas.
Most rugs ship within 4 days, this excludes custom orders.
Delivery of the following custom orders may take additional time to ship:
- Custom rugs
- Cut and finished runners
- Braided rugs
Your rugs are shipped directly from the manufacturer to you via UPS or FedEx.
Oversize rugs (larger than 8' x 11' ) may be shipped via common carrier.
For questions about a shipment, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Please note that even if your entire order was placed together, rugs may come from different manufacturers, ship via different carriers, and even arrive at different delivery times.
Inspect your rug delivery carefully. If your rug package is ripped or wet, and the rug is dirty or damaged, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY and we will arrange for a replacement. YOU MUST HAVE THE DELIVERY DRIVER NOTE THE DAMAGED PACKAGE.
Our shippers will make 3 attempts to deliver your rug. Undeliverable rugs will be returned to the manufacturer and you will incur a restocking fee of up to 30% plus all shipping costs.
Price Match Guarantee
At Roth Rugs we have a 150% price match guarantee
Roth Rugs guarantees you the lowest prices on the internet. If you find an identical, first quality, rug advertised for less, we will refund 150% of the price difference.
Contact us to make a claim before checkout.
Please be prepared to provide proof of the lower advertised price whether it is from another ecommerce site, a retail store, or a catalog.
Our 150% price match guarantee does not include clearance rugs, discontinued rugs, eBay sales, and Amazon sales.
Roth Rugs may refuse any claim that does not match these conditions.
How much does return shipping cost?
The approximate cost of shipping from the west coast to the east coast is as follows:
- 2’ x 3’, 2' x 4' - $25
- 2' x 7', 2' x 8', 2' x 10', 2' x 12' - $40
- 2’7’’ x 5’ - $25
- 4' x 6' - $40
- 5’3’’ x 7’7’, 6' x 9'’ - $45
- 7’9’’ x 9’10’’ - $75
- 8’ x 11’ - $80
Shipping cost is a combination of the size of the package, the weight, and the distance. Please keep in mind these are just estimates, due to a rug's weight or shipping distance a rug may ship for more or less than our estimate, this is just to give you an idea of how much the return shipping could cost. Note, rugs over 8' x 11' are not returnable.
How do I select a rug pad?
Our pad selection is short and sweet. We offer a Good-Better-Best assortment.
- GOOD - A basic non-slip, coated mesh, for affordably priced rugs. This pad can also be used with outdoor rugs. Completely synthetic, as well as, mold and mildew resistant.
- BETTER - A non-slip pad with a heavier, spongy coated mesh, good for all indoor rugs. Completely synthetic, as well as, mold and mildew resistant. For indoor use only.
- BEST - A dense (needle-punch) synthetic felt pad, with a non-slip rubber coating on the bottom side, and a coarse top side to grab the backing of the rug. This is the pad of choice for all better rugs including all handmade and hand-tufted rugs. This pad can also be flipped over and used as a rug-to-rug pad for area rugs on top of wall-to-wall carpet*. Completely synthetic, as well as, mold and mildew resistant. For indoor use only.
*Placing area rugs on top of wall-to-wall carpet with a rug-to-rug pad often does not work well. Contact us for help.
Please note that pad packaging may include multiple pieces. For example, a 9' x 12' pad may be packaged as two 6' x 9' pads that need to placed next to each other and taped together. Please contact us with any questions!
How do I cut my new pad?
Cutting your rug pad is super easy. Make sure to use sharp scissors and cut the pad to approximately 3-4 inches shorter than the width and the length of your rug. Worried about cutting a straight line? Use masking or painters tape to create a straight line to cut along. Or, if your rug pad is mesh, simply follow the mesh pattern to keep a straight line.
How do I roll my rug onto its pad?
This simple task can be quite frustrating because the rug must roll out centered on the pad to avoid the pad showing. Make sure to cut the pad 3-4 inches less than the length and the width of your rug. Place the pad on your floor, centered the way that you want the rug to be located. Roll your rug up neatly - with the edges very even and not coned out. Place the rolled rug onto one end of the pad, allowing 3-4 inches of rug on the bare floor before the rug meets the pad. Roll out the rug slowly and watch that the rug stays centered on the pad. Stop and make adjustments as you go. If the rolled out rug is uneven, and the pad is showing, simply re-roll the rug and try again. If you are very frustrated then you can always trim off the pad that shows.
Why do sizes vary?
Rugs are made in various countries, some use metric sizes, some English sizes, causing a slight difference in sizes. Also, the rug business is very competitive. So a manufacturer trying to make the lowest priced 9’ x 12’ rug may use equal quality materials but make the rug 8’ 6’’ x 11’ 6’’ to create a lower priced rug suitable for a 9’ x 12’ size.
What about state tax?
Roth Rugs ships to all 48 Continental United States, tax-free. However, because we are located in Pennsylvania, we must charge PA state sales tax of 6% on all rugs sold and shipped to a Pennsylvania address. If you live in Pennsylvania, please contact us before making a purchase. We now offer a 6% discount to all customers with a ship-to address in Pennsylvania, to offset the state tax. Please contact us with any questions.
Can I cancel my order?
If you want to cancel your order please contact us immediately. Generally, you may not cancel an order that has already been shipped by our manufacturers. Orders are pulled and shipped promptly - even though FedEx or UPS may take 1-2 weeks to deliver. If you refuse a delivery, as a way to cancel your order, you will still be responsible for the return shipping cost. You may also be responsible for a restocking charge if you do not contact us first for a return authorization (RA). Moral of the story, contact us as soon as you second guess things to avoid extra charges!
All of our rugs are first quality and come with a manufacturer’s one-year warranty. Contact us if you feel that you have a warranty claim.
How do I care for my rug?
Check out our blog for great tips and tricks for cleaning and maintaining your beautiful new rug. Or contact us! We love to talk that rug talk with you.